Why You Need To Hire A Professional For Bed Bug Treatment
Let’s start with a bed bug’s basic needs. They are biologically wired to eat, breed and hide in order to survive. With this in mind, let’s ponder some self treatment options and their potentially negative outcomes.
Why throwing away your bed doesn’t always work.
Maybe you get lucky and throwing away your furniture does solve your problem. In our experience that is not often true. Here is why:
- Bed bugs naturally hide to protect themselves. They can hide underneath baseboards, behind electrical outlets and in clothing or belongings near the infested area(s).
- During the moving process, bugs or eggs can drop off and continue the bed bug life cycle in your home.
Moving to sleep in another room.
When bed bugs are no longer near humans to eat, one of a few things will happen.
- The bed bugs will go dormant and can remain dormant up to 400 days in perfect conditions. As soon as you return, the bed bugs will return to their normal feeding patterns.
- The bed bugs will find you in your spare room. When this happens, it makes treatment harder as the bed bugs have now spread to other rooms throughout the house.
- If you live in multi-unit housing like an apartment or townhouse, you risk spreading the infestation to other units.
Using store bought sprays.
Many store bought products available in Vancouver, Canada are simply not strong enough to kill all bed bugs present and can cause adverse affects such as:
- Aerosol Sprays – These are often repellents and push bed bugs away from the originally infested areas into deeper cracks and crevices as well as to other rooms or units in the building. This causes a larger infestation area and a more drawn out process for treatment.
- Diatomaceous Earth – This is rarely applied properly and is truly only a preventive measure, not a complete treatment measure.
Alternatively, The X-Terminators can be beneficial in the following ways:
- We have been serving Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Surrey and surrounding areas for over 12 years. You are able to call us and speak with an expert, who can guide you through the treatment process and give you personalized advice.
- We use professional grade products that are non-repellents so our treatment does not spread infestations to further areas.
- We stand by our treatments! Simply follow any prep instructions or personalized advice and we guarantee to eradicate your bed bug infestation!